Will you shop small this weekend?
Impeccable Nest, open 11-6 Monday-Saturdays all holiday season.
Here are a few of our favorite things that are guiding our designs for this holiday season:
Agate coasters/Trays from Rablabs. They’re beautiful! We love them so much. Also Metallics…we can’t get enough! The gilded artichoke! We currently stock a white and gold porcelain artichoke at Impeccable Nest, alongside Caskata tableware, and the grand, gold wishbone!
We couldn’t forget the wine and cheese! Happy entertaining everyone!
It’s that time of year again! And the big question remains: How are you preparing for the holidays?
I have spent time since June/July deciding how we were going to prepare for our holidays at the store, and it actually inspired me to start buying presents, and I’ve wrapped many that I have already purchased. Yes, a bit of planning was necessary, but I hope it means that I will be able to enjoy the holiday season, rather than stress about here.
Here are some of Impeccable Nest’s best holiday planning tips:
- Make a list, and check it twice! Write down the names of everyone you need to buy a present for, or present with a gift for the holiday season, and start to process what they would like. You never know when you will find that perfect item for that special someone!
- Stock up! On booze, wine, and other non-perishables. I know I have ordered a case of wine to get us through Thanksgiving/Christmas and another case of Champagne for events and New Years! Also, if you keep a well stocked pantry, you are always ready for an impromptu get together, baking/cooking feast and it limits the amount of time you spend in a grocery store.
- Sync your Calendars. I know that between my responsibilities, and my husbands work obligations, we may not see much of each other, or double book our evenings during this busy holiday season. Be sure to sync your calendars to avoid any double bookings, give you much needed down/me time, and essential family time.
- Schedule cleanings. The best gift I have received was a cleaning service once a month. My husband knew that welcoming our first child and starting my own business would mean that a lot of time would be spent outside the home. So, we get our house cleaned. I love scheduling and getting a deep clean a day or two before every event we have at our home during this holiday season.
- Get those cards ready! I know that I love getting our holiday cards photographed and sent out to friends. In fact, I’ve been planning our card since last holiday season, and we are getting ready to photograph and get them ready. My address labels are made, and we are getting ready to have them made!
- Lastly, discover your theme, and prepare to decorate. I set my Thanksgiving table on November 1, and then I set my Christmas table the day after Thanksgiving. It makes me feel accomplished, and then I can enjoy all the hard work that my family and I have put into creating the perfect space for the holiday season.
I know there is so much more to tackle during the holiday season, but these are my large items that I love to get off the list at the beginning of the season in order to make the holidays more enjoyable. Cheers to an impeccable holiday season!
So, I decided to take it upon myself and make Prudence’s first Halloween costume. Since I feel that Lady Prudence looks like an owl, and due to her bird middle name, I took it upon myself to create an owl costume for her first trick or treat. Inspired by Martha, and being a creative person, here is what I accomplished.
The Martha version:
The Momma “Impeccable Nest” version:
We outfitted ours with a “Coral & Tusk” Owl Mask (sold at Impeccable Nest) rather than dye a beanie, and cut out goggles, but we think she looks the part of a wise owl!
We wish everyone a happy halloween week!
Two of my favorite things: John Derian & Melamine
How can you pass these up for the Halloween holiday? $8.75 each…they’re perfect!
Only 6 left at Impeccable Nest…get yours today!
One of my daily reads, just posted one of the best companies every launched (in my humble opinion) for those new families…I know that I could use a creative date idea, so when will we have a Bedford, NH branch of this company?
At home massage? Yes, please!